Like most of you, we are very excited (and a bit nervous to be frank) as the event approaches. All of us in DotAsia (the local host) realized that we are putting a real pan-Asian event in less than 2-month time. As we all gear up to get things ready, many inquiries are sent over to us regarding flight plan, hotel booking, who I will be seeing, what else can do done, etc. So here’s some updated / useful info for all attendees:
- If you’re requesting letter of invitation, please send your full name (as in passport), passport number, country where the passport was issued to info at blogfest dot asia
- About hotel reservation: We have made 3 recommendations (see this link). We are able to get a group discount rate from Cityview. If you prefer Metropark Mongkok or Eaton, you should contact either of them directly. If you’d like us to help you get a room at Cityview, you MUST SEND US AN INQUIRY BEFORE OCT. 28 to secure your booking. If you would like to share room with other person, please indicate in your email too. You can also book the at nearby hotel which is not listed above.
- If you are granted with travel fund support, most likely we will reimburse you during the event. Details of such process to be determined, but please make sure you keep all original receipts (flight record / invoice in print, boarding pass). Note that we will have 2nd batch of selection result to be announced shortly.
- Lunch for 11/6 and 11/7 — we will help order lunch box for those who need it. There will be a sign-up sheet and you can pay at registration desk.
- We are working on getting good coverage of WiFi and power extension / outlet at the venue. There’s no kiosk or WiFi card rental at the venue. You should bring your own laptop or other Internet divice.
- We need volunteers to help manage twitter / coveritlive update and photographers. Please help!
- We are finalizing details with WebWednesday. Stay tuned 🙂
We have not decided about what to do on Saturday (11/7), and would like to hear from all participants. Leave a comment here or have a chat on twitter.