Please read carefully regarding the following section for travel and hotel info:
- HK Visa Information and Travel Guide
- Request for Letter of Invitation
- Hotel Info
- Apply for travel funding
1. HK Visa Information & Travel Guide
Please see Visit Visa / Entry Permit Requirements for the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region write to for assistance. TripAdvisor provides some useful info for first-time HK visitors.
2. Request for Letter of Invitation
Please email to to request a invitation letter for your visa application / immigration need. You should provide your full name (as in passport), passport number, country of passport issued, and current address to be included in the letter.
3. Hotel Info
Guests are encouraged to stay in Tsim Sha Tsui / MongKok area on Kowloon side. The following Hotels are recommended:
The rates are varied among the 3 recommended hotels. Attendee may proceed with booking directly online (or thru your preferred agent). Meanwhile the Host has been negotiating for discounted rate — will be announced shortly.
For general inquiry / booking assistance, write to . Attendees who are granted with partial or full travel fund support will be have their rooms reserved by the Host directly.
4. Apply for Travel Funding
Update: APPLICATION PERIOD ENDED ON OCT. 16, 2009
Blogfest.asia plans to provide two options for those who requires travel funding support:
- Partial support consideration
- Capacity: up to 30 people
- Participants will be responsible for his/her roundtrip flight fares. Local incurred expenses including local transportation (roundtrip airport express train ticket, airport-to-hotel taxi fares), two-night hotel accommodation, and meals will be handled and paid by blogfest.asia .
- Blogger who wishes to apply for this opportunity must prepare and submit his /her brief bio (including 2 reference contact info), flight booking record and credit card information (if available) to secure a vacancy. Applicant will be reviewed by steering committee at first-come-first-serve basis.
- Full support consideration
- Capacity up to 20 people (depending on available funds)
- Blogfest.asia will provide up full travel funding support bloggers located in Asia to attend the event. Local incurred expenses including local transportation, two-night hotel accommodation, and meals will be handled and paid by blogfest.asia . Roundtrip airfare (up to USD $850) will be reimbursed to selected applicant after receiving attendee’s original receipts.
- Blogger who wishes to apply for this opportunity must prepare and submit his / her brief bio (including 2 reference contact info), list areas of contribution to the meeting (including speaking contribution to upcoming or future events), flight booking record, and credit card information (if available) to secure a vacancy. Applicant will be reviewed by steering committee.
- Important Dates:
— Oct. 09, 2009 (Extended Oct. 16): Deadline for Submission
— Oct. 18, 2009: Announcement of successful applicant
— Oct. 20, 2009: Confirmation by successful applicant